Hurricane Sports will be organising a development hockey league for the upcoming 2017/18 hockey season for clubs and schools in Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire
The development league is an intermediate stage, between junior and senior hockey. The focus is on developing skills in the context of match play. The development league can therefore include up to three adults, whose role is to encourage and coach the younger players during matches.
The leagues will be split into 2 regions:
1. South Lincolnshire, North Cambridgeshire and North Norfolk
2. Central and North Lincolnshire and South Nottinghamshire
There will be an end of season festival held at a central venue with awards presented by Hurricane Sports Foundation hockey ambassadors who will add high profile inspiration and support to all involved (children and adults).
The deadline for entry is September 15th 2017
1. Provide children aged 11- 16’s with their first taste of adult hockey
2. Players develop skills during match play.
3. Matches played in an environment that allows the opportunity to learn and embed the rules and tactics of the game with adult guidance.
4. Support player development through the England Hockey Single system pathway
5. Matches are fun and suitable for ALL abilities
6. Support clubs to increase participation levels
1. £50 entry fee per team
2. Leagues to run from October 2017 to March 2018
3. Development Festival (central venue) at the end of the season included in the entry fee
4. Presentation of awards at the end of season festival
1. Full EH 11 aside hockey rules apply
2. Teams to play matches at a home and away venue.
3. Regionalised based leagues depending on League entries (travel to be considered when splitting the leagues)
4. Teams from Lincolnshire and Lincolnshire border to be offered the opportunity to join the league
1. Maximum 3 adults on the pitch during the game
2. No adults allowed in opposing D
3. Match day start time to be mutually agreed by the two clubs to allow fixtures to occur
4. 1 qualified first aider to be present at each match
5. Only 1 adult may defend a penalty corner (if an adult GK is playing this counts as 1 adult)
6. Drag flicks at penalty corners are banned for safety reasons.
7. If a team is short of players it is acceptable to ask the opposition to help make up the numbers
8. Players under the age of 11 may play at the discretion of both clubs agreement, but clubs should consider player safety and development when considering playing an under 11
9. All adult players to be DBS cleared
Full league rules will appear here prior to the season commencing
Hurricane Sports Foundation
Registered Charity Number - 1167110