Who we are
Hurricane Sports Foundation is a registered charity based In Lincoln UK outreaching across the East and East Midlands region.
The below information outlines the programmes/projects that HSF are currently involved in and the board’s vision.
What we do
Hurricane Sport Foundation delivers life changing projects and programmes in conjunction with local communities, parish councils, sports clubs and education centres in the East and East Midlands regions. HSF engage and inspire the local community with the aim of improving the quality of life and experiences across the community.
HSF activities and programmes are aimed at increasing participation across sport, exercise, physical activity and education in tots to over 50’s. The activities and programmes will also mentor individuals as well as providing further opportunities.
Delivering sport, physical activity, exercise and education to the local community.
Every person has the opportunity to succeed using the power of sport, physical activity and exercise to improve education and build important life skills
The benefits of the aims and purposes of the charity are to increase healthy lifestyles in the general population, to enhance their social skills and increase their quality of life.
Aims and Purpose
The Charities aims and purposes are to:
1. Set up and deliver health programmes
2. Set up and deliver educational programmes
3. Set up and deliver community programmes
4. Provide affordable sport and education for all.
5. Build a more active, inclusive and healthier community.
6. Engage local communities.
7. Increase sporting participation across local communities.
8. Progress individuals and groups through sport and education.
9. Provide opportunities that empower and engage all participants.
10. Promote or assist in promoting community participation in healthy recreation.
11. Provide coaching and competition to connect education and the local community.
12. Inspire all generations to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
The objects of the charity (objects) are, without reference to race, sex, creed or social background, for the benefit of children, students and adults in Lincolnshire and other counties in the East and East Midlands:
1) To advance the education of the public in the subject of sport and physical recreation and the provision of facilities, courses, training programmes and resources to enable, assist and encourage the education of persons in sport and physical activity.
2) The promotion or provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said persons.
The Hurricane Sport Foundation’s Board of Trustees have a broad base of skills and expertise. The trustees make important decisions about the charity’s finances, ongoing activities and strategy, providing leadership and direction. They are also vital to ensure they make sure the organisation pursues objectives as defined in our governing documents and in accordance with charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
The more people that get involved with our work, the more changes we can make to the local community. HSF aim to inspire communities and change lives through the use of sport, physical activity, exercise and education as tools of engagement.
Hurricane Sports Foundation
Registered Charity Number - 1167110